This site is operated by SocialOptic Ltd.
The type of personal information we collect
We collect personal data only where necessary. We currently collect and process the following information:
- Your name and email address, and optionally your phone number, if you use our contact form or chat functionality.
- IP Address and web browser details, in server logs.
How we get the personal information and why we have it
The personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- In order to contact you, to supply details of our services.
- In order to support you in the use of our services.
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources when you use our live chat or phone services:
IP Address and web browser information is processed by the following processors:
- WP Engine – who operate and host this server.
- CloudFlare – who operate their content distribution system.
We use the information that you have given us in order to contact you, where you have asked us to do so, and to better understand the interest in our products and services.
We do not share data your data with third parties, other than our sub-processors for our web services: GoSquared and WP Engine.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- (a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting us using the details at the top of this page, or using the chat function at the bottom of the page.
- (b) We have a contractual obligation.
- (c) We have a legal obligation, for the purposes of law enforcement.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored on servers in the UK and the USA. If you are not a customer or user of our services, we keep your information for no longer than 24 months, after which time your data is securely erased.
We review this notice at least once every 12 months, and it was last reviewed on the 10th of March 2023.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us if you wish to make a request.
Our contact details
Address: SocialOptic Ltd, Login Lounge, 34 Park St, Camberley, GU15 3PL, United Kingdom.
Phone Number: +44 (0)20 3393 6591
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, United Kingdom.
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk